1. Information Gathered and TrackedWe collect two kinds of information about visitors to our web site:
a) Information about persons who sign up to receive news, create web site accounts, enter into program activities, complete surveys, or donate funds.
b) Aggregated tracking data (see 3 below) we collect when users interact with and navigate through our web pages.
2. Personal InformationWe use the personal information you provide voluntarily to send information you have requested and to acknowledge contributions that you have made. The specific use of your personal information varies, depending on how you contact us and what you request.
When you sign up for a web site account and/or when you sign up to receive newsletters and/or program and organizational news material online, you must provide your name and email address. We will never sell, rent or trade your email address. We keep it confidential and use it only for our own purposes.
We will attempt to fulfill your inquiries by email as soon as possible and to the best of our ability. Your name and address may also be added to our US Mail list when you correspond with us or donate to us. From time to time we will send additional information about particular charitable activities that may be of interest to you.
Chefs for Humanity may make use of commercial vendors to perform activities on our behalf, such as fulfilling mailing campaigns, processing credit card payments, managing mailing lists, and delivering packages. These parties are restricted from using your information for any other purpose than that for which they have been retained.
We may – although we do not as of now - share our US Mail address list with other charitable and educational non-profit organizations which share the same or similar purposes as Chefs for Humanity. This may allow us, in turn, to rent the lists of such organizations or engage in exchanges of names with them in order to enable Chef for Humanity to have access to new potential volunteers and donors. This is a common and helpful practice among charitable and educational organizations. However, if you do not want your name included in lists which we rent or exchange, we will suppress your name from such lists. Section 7 below tells you how you can notify us of your wish to opt out.
3. Aggregated Tracking InformationWe may analyze visitors’ use of our web site by tracking information, such as page views, traffic flow, search terms, and click-throughs. We will use this information to improve our website to better suit your informational needs. We may share this anonymous traffic and demographic information in aggregate form with our network sites and our business supporters and corporate sponsors for marketing purposes. Presently, we do not use web advertisements. If we get paid to place an ad on our sites we will not share any information with advertisers that can identify an individual visitor.
Though we may use a third party web analysis service to improve our web site performance and visitor experience, no personally identifiable information, such as names or email addresses, will be disclosed to them. Only aggregated and anonymous information will be supplied. No individualized information will be provided.
4. Our CookiesA cookie is a small data file that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your web browser when you visit our site. Cookies enable our systems to recognize your computer, so that we can provide you unique information and features. We may use our cookies to track your visits to our site and the information you are most interested in on our site. You can set your web browser to warn you before accepting cookies or to block cookies. If you block cookies, you may not be able to use certain site features or functions.
5. SecurityBecause we care about the safety and privacy of children online, we comply with the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA). COPPA and its accompanying FTC regulation establish United States federal law that protects the privacy of children using the Internet. We do not knowingly collect contact or personal information from children under 13. Our sites are not intended to solicit information of any kind from children under 13, and we have designed our sites to block our knowing acceptance of information from children under 13 whenever age related information is requested.
It is possible that by fraud or deception by others we may receive information given to us or pertaining to children under 13. If we are notified of this, as soon as we verify the information, we will immediately obtain parental consent or otherwise delete the information from our servers. Section 6 below tells you how you can notify us of our receipt of information by children under 13.
7. How to update, correct, or delete your informationTo unsubscribe from our email correspondence, you can click on the “unsubscibe” link in one of our e-mails or you can send an email requesting a change in your email subscriptions firstname.lastname@example.org.
To change your address, suppress your name from our mailing list (for paper correspondence) or to opt-out of list exchanges or rentals (as explained above), send email to
Or you can contact us at:
Chefs for Humanity
New York, New York 10279